Ananda Remembers is a place to remember individuals who have been part of the Ananda spiritual family. These include people who have lived in the Ananda communities, have been connected to one of our Centers or meditation groups, or have joined us as a member of the online Ananda virtual community.
The Ananda spiritual family also includes those whose connection with Ananda may have been more limited in nature, but who nonetheless had a deeply meaningful connection with Ananda during their lifetime.
Each of these loved ones has helped in his or her own way in the building of Ananda, and our mission of serving people through the blessings and inspiration of Paramhansa Yogananda, and the guidance of Swami Kriyananda.
We invite you to look through the Tributes posted below to learn more about these souls.
To find someone in particular, you can use the Search box in the top menu on the right. If you find someone you have known, you may also choose to add an inspiring story to a Tribute.
Ananda Remembers is a free offering of the Janaka Foundation, a non-profit, religious foundation that supports Ananda Worldwide through estate gifts and donations. Please Contact Us for more information about estate planning that benefits Ananda.
- Brian Raymond White Brian was a long-time disciple of Paramhansa Yogananda who came to Master and Ananda when he was in his twenties and was a member of the Sonoma County meditation group which formed in 1986.
- Judith Hollywood Judith Hollywood was a long time member of Ananda Sangha, joining Ananda after hearing Swami Kriyananda lecture in San Francisco. She first lived at the Palo Alto community and moved to Ananda Village in the early 80s.
- William Rowley Dr William Rowley, MD, joined the Ananda Sangha in 1984 through the Sacramento Colony, remaining an invaluable and active member until his passing in 2013.
- Nayaswami Maria (Maria Warner) Maria Warner moved to Ananda Village in 1980, dedicating the rest of her life to serving God and Gurus. Born and raised in the Soviet Union, Maria and her sister Bella moved together to Ananda. Her life and passing were an inspiration to many.
- Eugene Haanel Cassidy Haanel Cassidy was a founding member of Ananda, a deeply devoted disciple, founder of Ananda's gardens, and a mentor, friend, and inspiration to many.
- Gordon La Londe Gordon LaLonde, who passed away on July 26, 2014 at the Ananda Sacramento community, was a direct disciple of Paramhansa Yogananda for 63 years.
- Joanne Johnston Joanne was a long time member of Ananda, first connecting with Ananda House in San Francisco around 1983.
- Nayaswami Tushti Conti Ever inspiring and joyful, Nayaswami Tushti excelled in every role she filled in her 20 years with Ananda: as a yoga teacher and trainer, caregiver and healer, Lightbearer, Co-manager of East West Bookshop in Mountain View (2002-2011) and Spiritual Co-director of Ananda Pune in India (2013-2015).
- John Davis Chandler John Davis Chandler was a long-time devotee of Paramhansa Yogananda who also pursued an acting career in Los Angeles.